Technology and Computer Usage After Stroke
Topics covered in this video include:
- Adaptive Technology
- Accessibility Features
- Internet Safety
Ergonomics for Computer Usage After Stroke
Tips to remember when using your computer:
- Keep close to your computer — within arms’ reach.
- Don’t forget to get up and move periodically — don’t sit too long!
- Don’t pound the keyboard.
- Use correct wrist position with the keyboard and mouse.
- Position your body properly.
There are many choice of equipment that can make computer usage after stroke easier.
Some of the choices available include an appropriate office chair, different types of keyboards, and different types of mouses.
Available Accessibility Features
Windows has a wide range of Ease of Access Features.
They can be found at:
- Ease of Access
- High contrast
- Text size
- Mouse Pointer
- Text cursor appearance
- Select on screen keyboard for 5 finger typist
Also available is dictation software and there is a “Dictate” button in Word.
Topics in this section include:
- Multifactor authentication
- What to do if you suspect a scam
- Some types of scams