Individuals who can independently manage their personal needs (eating and going to the bathroom) without assistance. If assistance is needed a caregiver must be present with the stroke survivor.
Do you have any of these symptoms following your stroke?
- Weakness on one side
- Vision difficulties (such as a visual field cut)
- Difficulty speaking or understanding others (aphasia)
- Using a wheelchair, cane, or walker
- Memory or other thinking difficulties
You may benefit from the Next Step programs.
Are you ready to take the Next Step?
- Schedule a time to visit
- Complete an intake assessment (approximately one hour) that determines eligibility, needs, and goals
- Provide emergency contacts, hospital preference, and physician’s release
If you would like to start the Next Step application process, call today to schedule a visit: 913-649-1776.
For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions; see descriptions of Next Step Programs and a Calendar schedule of activities for each Next Step site; read participants’ Stories and check us out on Facebook.